REAL PROPERTY MANAGEMENT & REALTY, INC. DOES BUSINESS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FAIR HOUSING ACT, AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, MARITAL STATUS, RACE, CREED, RELIGION, AGE, FAMILIAL STATUS, DISABILITY, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, OR ANY OTHER PROTECTED BASIS. REAL PROPERTY MANAGEMENT & REALTY, INC IS THE MANAGING AGENT FOR MANY SEPARATE OWNERS; THEREFORE, POLICIES AT EACH PROPERTY MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE PARTICULAR OWNER’S PREFERENCE.
1. Applications from other applicants are accepted until an application is approved. Because of the fiduciary relationship Real Property Management & Realty, Inc. has with Landlords, if more than one application is submitted before approval can be achieved, than the most qualified applicant will be approved for placement. Remaining applicants may be considered for other properties available from Real Property Management & Realty, Inc. at www.rpmrealty.net.
2. A processing fee of $75 must accompany each application. The processing fee is non-refundable. No application will be processed without a processing fee. Deposits or holding fees must be separate from the rent or application fee. If the applicant is applying to rent a property governed by a condominium or homeowner’s association, the applicant may be required to submit a separate application and/or fee to the association for processing and approval.
3. A separate application is required for each adult, eighteen years of age or older, intending to occupy the property. Each application must be filled out completely without blanks and signed by the applicant. Full name of all occupants, animals, all vehicles and any water-filled furniture must be on the application. A credit report from a national credit reporting agency will be obtained on all applicants. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Complete applications include: “Rental Application Policies and Resident Qualification Criteria”, “Rental Application Disclosure and Authorization”, and “Rental Application.”
4. Applicants must have a combined gross income of at least 2.5 times the monthly rent or comparable amount if income is tax-free.
5. Reliable documentation and telephone numbers for all income sources must be provided. Employment will be verified on all applicants. Self-employed applicants will be required to produce upon request the previous tax returns. Non-employed applicants must provide proof of income. A history of any of the following by any household member is cause for rejection of a rental application: Any conviction or adjudication other than acquittal of a sex offense. Any conviction or adjudication other than acquittal of a felony. Residency must be verified for a minimum of the last twenty-four months with no interruptions. Rental history references must reflect timely payment, appropriate notice of intent to vacate, no complaints regarding disturbances or illegal activities, no NSF checks, no damage to previous rental units and no failure to leave the premises clean and without damage at the time of lease termination. Any history of eviction actions may be cause for rejection of a rental application. Falsification of any information of the application will be considered grounds for rejection and it is understood that the holding fee will be forfeited.
6. As per the guidance from the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (“HUD”), maximum occupancy is two persons per bedroom.
7. Certain animals, with a maximum of 2 animals, may be permitted only on certain properties at the sole discretion and approval of the Landlord. Only non-aggressive, common domesticated animals will be allowed on any property that permits pets. Rottweilers, American Staffordshire Terriers (pit bulls), Dobermans, Chows, Huskies, German Shepherds, Alaskan Malamutes, Great Danes, St. Bernards, Mastiffs and/or any mixed breeds of the above mentioned will not be approved. Agent of Landlord may require a DNA test to establish breed or breed mix. An approved animal requires a non-refundable animal fee of $100 per animal and the security deposit shall be increased by $200 per animal.
8. Tenant agrees to obtain Tenant insurance at Tenant expense to protect the premises including liability insurance. Tenant agrees to name Agent of Landlord as additional insured.
9. If approved the applicant must sign a Rental Agreement within two business days of approval and all monies due (rent, security deposit, animal fees, and any other sums due) must be paid in full with certified funds (cashiers check, official bank check or money order) at the time of lease signing and prior to taking possession of the premises. In the event the applicant fails to enter into a Rental Agreement within two business days, the applicant shall forfeit the Holding Deposit. In the event an applicant fails to sign a Rental Agreement within two business days after approval, it will be assumed that the applicant has withdrawn and the property will be offered to others.
10. Applicant is required to pay a security deposit at the time of lease signing. In owner/landlords sole discretion, a higher security deposit, and/or guarantors may be accepted in lieu of acceptable credit or landlord history. A guarantor must complete an application packet and be qualified in order to be a guarantor. When lease is fully executed and all monies paid, all Holding fees become security deposits. Tenant agrees to a one time non-refundable administrative fee of $150.00 to offset costs associated with providing the Tenant a copy of the Rental Agreement and Addenda, for providing the Move-In Inspection form and videotaping the premises, for providing the Tenant Handbook, for providing Tenant, at termination of lease, a Move Out Guideline for Security Deposit refund form, for preparing and mailing by certified mail to Tenant a Notice of Claim Upon Security Deposit if needed, and any Security Deposit owing to Tenant as required by current Florida law, or as may be amended.
11. Our company policy is to report any amounts owed at the end of your tenancy to a collection agency and/or national credit-reporting agency.
12. Applicant understands that all information submitted is true and correct and no changes to the application can be made once submitted.
13. Applicant acknowledges that the Agent of Landlord is not obligated by receipt of a deposit to lease to applicant, but that a decision will be made within 2 business days based on the verification of the information given and to which applicant so agrees. The application is preliminary only and does not obligate owner or owner’s agent to execute a lease or deliver possession of the proposed premises.